Saturday, March 17, 2012

Happy Happy Joy Joy!

I'm sure some of you remember Ren and Stimpy, the raunchy cartoon from the 1990's. Like those two idiots, I dropped my jaw and pulled my teeth out in joy when I was sent these pictures today...

Bisi Beaver Header Done!, Look at that clearance! Perfect

Oil pan clearance is optimum...

Bisi Beaver Header Done!, Side shot

The picture below shows the old Bisimoto downpipe that the Beave replaced. It's a night and day difference in the ingenuity and detail Beave put into making this header better!

Bisi Beaver Header Done!, Check out the old Bisi downpipe on the left

Bisi Beaver Header Done!, O2 bung welded in and ready for packaging

Bisi Beaver Header Done!, Killer welds

And the much needed rear header to block brace...

Bisi Beaver Header Done!, Look at them welds!!

Bisi Beaver Header Done!, Beautiful bracket

I could not be happier with how the Beave's modifications came out. As many have speculated, the choice a certain engineer made regarding downpipe diameter was a little much for a d16. Especially one that is only 1611cc.

The header should be in my hands next week and I will promptly install it. In the meantime I have done a bunch of work. Nothing work taking pictures of since most of us have already seen that type of thing. All of the sound deadening material has been removed in the cabin. All that remains are small amounts of glue and a thorough cleaning. I also installed the new Walbro 255 fuel pump. That install went very easy.

The to do list now:

-buy mineral spirits and wipe off glue in cabin
-gut hood
-fab radiator brackets
-install radiator
-purchase and install new slim fan mounting kit
-gut doors
-fab sheet metal headlight cover
-remove cracked windshield
-repair rust areas around the windshield
-install new windshield

Tomorrow looks to be a nice day and I should be able to get some sort of work done.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment