Friday, March 23, 2012

Big Updates Today!

I received my Bisi Beaver header today from Matt aka the Acid Beaver. I installed the header as soon as made it home from work. It looks so nice!

Bisi Beaver Header Installed

Bisi Beaver Header Installed

Bisi Beaver Header Installed

Bisi Beaver Header Installed

Bisi Beaver Header Installed

Bisi Beaver Header Installed

Bisi Beaver Header Installed

Bisi Beaver Header Installed

Bisi Beaver Header Installed

Bisi Beaver Header Installed

Bisi Beaver Header Installed

Bisi Beaver Header Installed

Bisi Beaver Header Installed

Bisi Beaver Header Installed

Bisi Beaver Header Installed

I ran into one slight issue that is being solved with the last tool I like to use, a hammer. The '88 chassis is a bit funky and the exhaust tunnel has an odd shape. Because of this, the reverse cone is pushing against the exhaust tunnel...

Bisi Beaver Header Installed

In this picture the header is loose and you can see where I need to widen the tunnel a little more...

Bisi Beaver Header Installed

More beating will commence tomorrow!

Overall I love this header! Beave's mods and welds look great. I could not be happier. The Bisi downpipe always made the header feel weak and I could visibly move the downpipe with the flange tight. With Matt's downpipe, there is no movement whatsoever. Now my header much more solid and I can use an oem back of the block exhaust hanger to brace it to the back of the block. I'M STOKED!!!

Tomorrow I will fire the engine up. I still need to install radiator brackets before I can start the engine but that won't take long. In the meantime, here are some pictures to enjoy...

Almost There

Bisi Beaver Header Installed

Almost There

Almost There

Almost There

Almost There

Almost There

Almost There

No comments:

Post a Comment