Wednesday, January 8, 2014

More Rocker Arm Fun

Hello there! I hope that 2014 is treating you well so far.

Yesterday I received my new 10mm x 40mm hardened steel vtec pins. The site that I ordered them from had a general picture of the pins. The pins I received are a bit different. I thought that both ends would be identical but they are not.

Custom vtec pin needs work photo vtecpins008_zps7c3ac446.jpg

At least the pins fit although they are definitely on the too tight side. I had to press these together. As you can see, the new vtec pins are too long. It also looks like my measurements were off. Dammit! I even measured twice haha.

Custom vtec pin needs work photo vtecpins010_zpsb9d00dcf.jpg

Thankfully my Dad has a nice lathe. I haven't learned to machine with his lathe yet. Together he and I are going to cut the pins to the proper length as well as taking a thou or two off from the diameter so the vtec pins aren't such a tight fit.

More updates soon! Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

  1. Where did you bought those??? I need some for a project rsx that I have

    ReplyDelete