Monday, January 27, 2014

Slowly But Surely

In this installment of my blog I am covering a recent update. I haven't had much time to work on this project. Life, snow and just not enough hours in each day has hindered my output. Alas the weather is getting better. Soon I will be able to get major work done :).

 Before I get into the updates, I would like to notate what my vision is for this car. Ever since I was a little kid I have enjoyed race cars. My Dad turns wrenches and has two projects of his own, a '69 Chevy truck with a high compression 383 with a 5 speed and a '67 MG GTB Special with a 215 cubic inch Oldmobile all aluminum v8. Seeing a clean engine bay without clutter makes me smile and has since I can remember. This is something that I strive for in my race car. Clean and functional engine and engine bay.

In effort to get rid of the unnecessary,  I worked on removing the coolant line tubes going in and out of my throttle body. I think without hoses the tubes look tacky.

Before:

Stock Throttle Body 1 photo StockThrottleBody2_zps8a87b990.jpg
Stock Throttle Body 2 photo StockThrottleBody1_zps0cbb4643.jpg

After:

Modified Throttle Body 1 photo ModifiedThrottleBody1_zps4fc68909.jpg
Modified Throttle Body 2 photo ModifiedThrottleBody2_zpsc530b1fc.jpg

I tried to get the fittings out by those suckers are in there! I was prying the crap out of one and it was just rounding the aluminum around it. I decided to cut them off. I then filed them until I created a shape that I was satisfied with. When I get my Devcon I plan to fill in both of the open passages.

KMS sells a nice FITV block off plate for $20. I'm ordering one on Friday. Looks like a nice piece.



I'm toying with the idea of sending this 60mm throttle body to Polar Bear Tuning. I've read that he does a killer taper bore. I want to have this throttle body taper bored from 65mm to 60mm. I need to contact him to get a quote.

Whether I get the throttle body bored or not, I will definitely take it my favorite machine shop, Lee's Machine to get bead blasted. I love the bead blasted aluminum look.


I picked up a Vortech fuel pressure regulator this past weekend. It looks good on my fuel rail.

Vortech Fuel Pressure Regulator photo VortechFuelPressureRegulator_zps6e111bfe.jpg

I look forward to upping my fuel pressure from a low 32 psi up to a much more adequate pressure for the injectors I plan to run.

The intake manifold and it's components are shaping up nicely :)

Intake Manifold Mock Up 1_27_14 photo IntakeManifoldMockUp1_27_14_zps7ad3c24f.jpg

I haven't had the extra money to order my die grinder, shanks and a Jeg's porting kit. Once I can finally get those tools I can get to work finishing my intake manifold.

My local track this year, Pueblo Motorsports Park has a test and tune session on March 16th and March 30th. Their Friday Nite Drags program with a time only slot starts on April 4th and runs until September. I cannot wait to get out there to test this new parts and to have some fun!

As I mentioned, their has been a lot of snow fall in my region over the last few weeks. I've been stuck inside. I like to draw and paint along with building my Honda. I found a couple of Civic EF Hot Wheels at Fartmart a few weeks back. I had to modify them :)

Hot Wheels Custom EF 1 photo HotWheelsCivics_zpsdff10cec.jpg
Hot Wheels Custom EF 2 photo HotwheelsCivics_zps2fd3fc72.jpg

I also have a dream of one day building my own header. I got creative and made this bad boy....

TP Header 1 photo PaperHeaderAlmostDone_zps2d66e9a4.jpg

....out of toilet paper and paper towel tubes. I had to share. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment