Thursday, January 19, 2012

Chassis Motivation

This is going to be a short and sweet post about the parts I am going to use to motivate my chassis into the 13's.

Currently I have a cable dohc zc transmission with zc 1 - 5 gears. I've been running this transmission for the last two years. Matt from zcspeed.com rebuilt the trans with oem bearings and parts. A p20/booo differential was installed with a Si 4.25 counter shaft and ring gear. We used these parts so I could use standard d series axles. Plus the diff pin in the hydraulic transmission is actually stronger than the L3 series of pins. I already blew up one diff on street tires and didn't want to go through that again. When budget permits an MFactory diff will replace the oem diff.

Connecting the engine's power to the transmission is done through an Exedy 8 lbs Cromoly flywheel and a XTD stage 3 clutch. I know, I know, XTD stuff has a terrible rap and most people think that they are junk. For my less than 150 whp motor I can count on this clutch to not slip with my slicks.

Putting the power to the ground is a pair of Diamond Racing 13x8" wheels with MH 22x8" slicks.


Here are some pictures from last summer. Enjoy!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


This summer I am going to make it to the track no matter what!

I recently received my camera back and will take some much needed newer pictures soon. I haven't made much progress yet this year. Beave is still working on my header and it's been a little too cold outside to get much done. Soon I will kick into high gear. Especially when I get my tax return. Then it's really on!

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment