Sunday, March 10, 2013

Dash Board Fab

Today I did some work to my dash board. For years it has had a big hole right above the glove box. This was an eye sore to me and I finally got around to permanently covering the hole up. I used 20 gauge aluminum sheet metal.

I started out with this...

Photobucket

I made a template out of paper to make sure I covered the entire hole...

Photobucket

I used some snips from Home Depot and cut out the shape I needed. I then riveted the sheet metal to the dash board...

Photobucket

After that I painted the sheet metal and rivets black...

Photobucket

I'm huge fan of punk rock music. I decided to cover the dashboard in band stickers...

Photobucket
Photobucket

Recently I picked up some new lower control arms. They look so nice!

Photobucket


Soon Operation Rust will commence. There is a lot of rust at the base of the windshield pillars that I must fix before a new windshield can be installed. I will be updating this blog as I begin this fun and challenging operation!

No comments:

Post a Comment