Thursday, February 9, 2012

New Parts Arrived

Today the UPS guy was kind enough to drop this off for me:

Photobucket

Photobucket

I had hopes of installing the new mounts today but ended up working on my tow vehicle. For a tow rig I have a 1991 Jeep Cherokee with a 242 4.0 inline six. The power really seemed down on my Jeep. After a lot of research I ended up getting some new parts to help increase the power output.

My Jeep's engine seemed to have a slight miss when in park and would misfire occasionally in drive. A few months ago I found a spark plug wire that had a small pin hole that was arcing against the block. I taped the wire off temporarily. I always knew that this could be causing my lack of power. Last week I bought I an Accel tune up kit for my Jeep. The kit came with new wires, new cap, rotor and Accel spark plugs. I installed the kit today. It went very easy and straight forward. I also changed the oil and oil filter.

With these upgrades, my Jeep's motor feels like a new engine! I am surprised at the increase in performance.

When I finished up with the tune up it began to snow. I hope the weather will be nice enough this weekend to do work to my Civic.

No comments:

Post a Comment